Wednesday, September 3, 2014

This is how I wear a stilleto

Back in the day, (once upon a time is so overused) Miss Karla wore heels. Lots of them! Friday night drinks? Black Heels. Shopping with friends? Leopard Heels. Off hours clean up at the coffee shop she worked for?  Red Heels. No, really. It happened. I am so sorry that there is no photographic evidence of that event!

OMG, Shoes!

Today I opt for a more sensible shoe.  If I am feeling a bit more ferocious I may throw on a wedge. 
Watch out!  RAWR!

Last week, however,  I decided to return to the stilleto.  I'm not quite sure what the height is... 6, maybe 8 inches tall.  The color is a sumptuous shade of grey. And the best part - it's Louboutin!

"Karla,  have you lost your damn mind?!?!"
"There's no way you are going anywhere in 6-8 inch heels?"
"Who is going to pay for your rhinoplasty after you break your face?"

NO SHOES WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS PHOTO
And ewww, girl!  Pedicure time.

HUH?

Oh, no no no NOT shoes!

NAIL POLISH!

Ah nail polish, my first love.  Long before my sick awesome obsession with purses, it was all about the paint.  Every color, shade, hue - light, dark, high gloss and matte. I have them all.  Well, not all but definitely more than most sane people.  Here's a few...

Don't call A&E on me. 
Cue "Intervention" music...

The day I read that none other than CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN would be debuting a collection of polishes I immediately stopped breathing was instantly intrigued.  His first polish was to be released as a limited edition color with a slightly taller bottle in his signature bright red sole shade.

Come to mama!

Ooooh... I want it!  

But then I remembered that my manicurist isn't too keen on the idea of red polish on my fingernails.  Haters ruin everything, don't they?  Let's peruse the collection...

Don't lose my address, Santa!

Luckily for me, there were more shades to choose from! I decided on a shade of grey called DAFFODILE.

"Karla, isn't a daffodile a YELLOW flower?"
"Is Louboutin stupid?"

"Hey, that plant isn't yellow either!  And it looks plastic!" 
Shut up.


No.  It's not DAFFODIL, like the flower - it's DAFFODILE, like his iconic shoe. 
You know the one. Here, I'll shoe show you.

If it's good enough for Bey, it's good enough for Mey me.

Ohhhh...

Yep. 

Fashionably educational reading brought to you by BalenciagAGAIN.  Go impress someone with your Louboutin shoe knowledge later.  Or better yet, make it interesting and put some money on it! 
Say... $50.00. 

"I bet I can tell you the designer and style name of that Posh's shoes?"

Is anyone REALLY looking at her shoes right now?
Hey BECKS, HEY!

Then go buy yourself something nice and glossy.  Just not my shade.  It's signature!

No comments:

Post a Comment