Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Acrylic Handbag Artistry

Is there anything better than GLITTER?

The movie starring Mariah Carey?  
NO!
This blog is devoted to the wonderful world of designer handbags, not singers turned D list "actresses".


A glitter bomb sent to your frienemy?
WHAT?  Apparently there is this company that will (for a mere $9.99) anonymously send an envelope full of glitter to someone you hate.  The recipient will have the pleasure of cleaning up glitter for weeks.  Haha.  Sounds fun!  Someone send me mail with a shit ton of glitter, I'm all about it!



PURSES!
That's why we're here... isn't it?  Pay attention!  It's always about PURSES.  Geez... 
  
Glitter on purses.  What, am I a 5 year old?  Don't kids just love reflective particles on everything!  Grab some Elmer's glue - let's glitterfy some crap!

NO!

Put the Mod Podge DOWN!!!



EDIE PARKER CONFETTI STRIPED ACRYLIC CLUTCH 



Oh dear, isn't that chic!  But at a staggering price of just under a cool $1.2 K.an Edie Parker Clutch is not really in my budget.  I mean, this clutch will barely contain my phone and a lipstick!  And seeing as how acrylic is totally BREAKABLE I'd never want to carry it because I'd fear that one sneeze would send that glittery box flying out of my hands, smashing to the ground.  Cracked designer handbag... not so fierce.   The photo below shows more of EDIE PARKER'S sophisticated glittery masterpieces.



Searching for a cheaper alternative, I discovered that apparently acrylic handbags are very of the moment.  Who knew?  Well I guess I did.  Haha, I'm so on-point.  Go me!  Sadly, I've yet to find the perfect one to add to my collection but here are some equally cool little vintage inspired box purses that will leave you with some moolah to put in them.  Let's get 3 or 4....


Above we have "Parfum De Charme" sold at Charming Charlie.  Well, it was sold at Charlie until it sold out!  DAMMIT!  That cute little purse was only $39.99, a far cry from the CHANEL bag it pays homage to.


If you head on over to eBay, these candy colored acrylic clutches can be yours for an insanely low price of $8.17.  Cool idea but the translucency allows for people to see my tampons and credit card number, so I'll pass.


Etsy has some pretty rad vintage options.  This one comes from Spain and is only $85.00.  The bright colors are not exactly as magical as glitter but the marbling effect is fun.  And it's one-of-a-kind.  Quick, someone buy this for my birthday!


https://www.etsy.com/listing/172077775/clutch-chenson-multicolor-acrylic?ref=sr_gallery_26&ga_search_type=all&ga_includes[0]=tags&ga_search_query=clutch+acrylic&ga_ref=related&ga_page=1&ga_view_type=gallery




No comments:

Post a Comment