Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Duck. Duck. Boots.

My first blog of 2015 involved a teaser.  
I mentioned that I recently scored a FREE (Yes, FREE)  
YSL Muse Satchel

Did I win a contest?  Had I started shop-lifting?  Did I meet a Sugar Daddy over the holidays?

No. No.  And sadly, no.

I present to you...

HOW TO SCORE A FREE DESIGNER HANDBAG
By: Lady BalenciAGAIN, Shopper Extraordinaire

Step 1.
READ.

Do you know how to read?  You're here so I'm going to assume that the answer is "Yes."
Great, now go read up on the latest trends, hottest items and lust worthy fashion.  
Pay attention!!! I can sense that you are bored already.

Shortly prior to the holidays I read an article about how LL BEAN'S "duck boots" were going to be the next hot fashion trend in women's winter footwear.  I quickly signed on to the brand's website and discovered that said boots were back-ordered until APRIL of 2015.  (Is there even snow in April?)

Step 2.
DUST OFF YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT AND HEAD OVER TO EBAY.

"eBay?  This is 2015 not 1998!"  
Trust me.  eBay allows for some scary no-good people to sell on their website, but with the proper knowledge you can find legitimate sellers.  

Step 3.
START BUYING

STOP. 

Even though I just told you to start buying shit on eBay, I haven't told you what to buy yet.  So hopefully you didn't just waist all of your pennies on that totally authentic thingamajig signed by you-know-who.  

$10.00 to ship a pickle?  That's just insane!

You need to find the item(s) that you read about earlier.  What's that one thing that all of the cool kids HAVE TO HAVE this very second!  Find it.  Then buy it.  Buy three while you're at it.

STOP. 

Hey there Smartie-pants, did you remember to ask the seller for a discount?  "No."  Dumb-ass.  
It is grossly unknown but a complete fact that you can ask an eBay seller for a discount.  I know that my selling prices on eBay are overinflated to compensate for fees and shipping.  So ask away!  What is the worst they can say? 

As you can see, the retail price of the BACKORDERED Bean Boots by LL BEAN is $109.00.  This means that I needed to go onto eBay and find someone who was willing to sell me the boots for as close to that price as possible.  I feel like I'm a contestant on THE PRICE IS RIGHT.

Step 4.
WAIT  

Now that you have your coveted items, you kind of want to sell them on eBay right away, right?  WRONG!  You have to wait it out.  WAIT IT OUT!!! Most eBay auctions end after 7 days.  Let the other sellers get rid of their items and then list yours afterwards.  The demand will still be there, however, the selection will be far fewer which means MO MONEY (MO PROBLEMS) for you.  

"$360.00!!!  Who the hell sold those boots on eBay for $360.00?" Umm, I'm sure she's a really nice person with a really killer handbag collection.

Step 5. 
REPEAT

Did you buy more than one of that super hot, in demand item?  GREAT!  Just don't sell them all at the same time... always leave the buyers wanting more.

Step 6.
CASH-OUT

After paying eBay the dreaded seller fees, you should have some money to spend on a fierce designer handbag.  Now before you run off and buy a full priced Fendi remember what I taught you.  Always ask for a discount!  And why not buy it used?  Who cares if it smells... throw a pine scented tree on it for added flair.

Please join me for my next blog... 

HEY THAT'S MY BAG!!! 

The story of how I found a handbag flipper, flipping my flipped bag.  
It should be a flipping-good read.   


No comments:

Post a Comment