Thursday, February 19, 2015

HEY, That's my bag!

The YSL Muse handbag and I weren't together for very long - in fact I never even took it outside.  Upon the bag's arrival I noticed that the wire used the hold the shape of the base was puncturing out of the leather.  The handles were flimsy. And the overall color was a little too vanilla for my taste.  Get it, VANILLA... because it's WHITE.  

Oh no, that looks like an expensive repair.
Even though I didn't pay anything for THE MUSE, I wasn't about to let it go at bargain basement pricing.  I posted the bag on one of my new favorite resale shopping websites, BIB + TUCK to see if I could attract a buyer.  The purse was listed at $310.00, which included the shipping cost for the buyer.  Free shipping... super considerate, right?  It sold within the hour.  Was $310.00 too cheap?  Probably.  But after paying out the commission to BIB + TUCK I made a quick $250.00.  $250.00 in my purse after selling a purse that I paid $0.00 for... 

I'm not a mathematician but I would say that I did pretty well.

SOLD!  Boom.
 The very next week to my surprise I spotted the VERY SAME BAG on another resale website, SHOP-HERS.  "How do you know that was the same bag crazy lady?" Because... 

OF THIS


If you view the listing on SHOP-HERS below you will see that her selling price is HIGHER than mine, yet the bag's description is severely lacking.  Wow, aren't you in a rush to sell!
   
That wire looks familiar!  HEY, IT'S MY BAG!

 So, this woman is currently trying to sell THE MUSE for $429.00.  Sneaky!  Am I bitter?  NO! In fact, I laugh!  I laugh because she used MY PICTURES.  I laugh because she did not even take five minutes to write a proper description of THE MUSE.  And I laugh because her attempt at making a profit is futile.  "Why?" I'll tell you.  This flipper did not consider selling price minus commission pay-out and shipping expense. 

I will do the math for you now because I'm a snot.  
I can't help it.  It's fun.


SOLD for $429.00!

Oh, but she has to pay the website's seller fee

- 18% SHOP-HERS commission...  $351.78

And what's that?  

SHOP-HERS requires sellers to pay for the shipment of the handbag to their headquarters for authentication.  THE PACKAGE MUST HAVE A TRACKING NUMBER TOO.



- USPS Shipping fees 
We'll assume that she went the cheap route and paid about $8.00
The cost for a tracking number is $1.80

$351.78 - $8.00 - $1.80 ... $341.98

- The cost of the handbag 
Let's not forget that she bought the bag from ME

$341.98 - $310.00... $31.98

HER SICK PROFIT....
$31.98

All of that "work" for a profit of pennies under $32.00.

REALLY?

She would have made more at a Garage Sale.



And she hasn't even sold the bag yet!  

Personally, I feel that she should have kept the handbag.  I'd hoped that THE MUSE was going to a stylish woman who needed a big white purse to compensate for all of the chic black outfits hanging in her closet.  Unfortunately, it went to someone who can't do math. 

FAREWELL MUSE!
(MAYBE WE'LL MEET AGAIN)




No comments:

Post a Comment