Wednesday, February 4, 2015

(mc) QUEEN OF LAS VEGAS


After a long night of gambling, I woke up on my 2nd day in Vegas revitalized, refreshed and READY TO SHOP!  I had done my research and knew that all of the great places to shop on THE STRIP were within quick walking distance.

A fairy tale shopping experience

Shopping at the Wynn Las Vegas was as opulent as you would imagine.  It was a VIP event and only the finest could attend.  Chloe, CHANEL, Manolo Blahnik, Givenchy... they all were invited to the party.  Was I under-dressed???  Who cares!  I was allowed in!



My first stop was none other than 
LOUIS VUITTON

It was just after 10:00 AM and I was the only shopper in The Louis Vuitton boutique in Las Vegas - I felt like royalty or an A list celebrity!  It was AWESOME!  I ran immediately to the Monogram Vernis handbags in all of their candy colored glory.  The colors of the season where a little too South Beach for my liking, but upon asking for more color options I found that the store also carried staple colors like Pomme D'Amour (Lipstick Red) and Amarante (Dark Purple).

Home Sweet Home.  Can I live here?  Thanks.

I immediately fell in L-O-V-E with the Monogram Vernis ANA CLUTCH in Amarante.  The bag featured both a leather and gold chain strap which made it versatile for different occasions.  The engraved gold hardware gave the clutch a timeless feel, like it was a pristine hand-me-down from the 1940s.  And THE COLOR... The rich, dark, lustrous shade of purple was just magnifique!  I've seen knockoffs of the shade before but they pale in comparison to the real Amarante.  To the guys selling counterfeit "purple" LV's out of the trunks of your cars... I'm on to you.  Just sayin'. 

ANA clutch in Amarante Monogram Vernis - I'll take one in every color.
Actual retail price... $1,730.00


Unfortunately, I'm not as impulsive a buyer as Vegas would have liked me to be.  With tax, my charming little clutch would have set me back about $2,000.00.  I wasn't quite ready to part with all of my craps table winnings so I bid adieu to Mr. Salesman at Vuitton and headed across the way to another suitor, ALEXANDER McQUEEN.


The feeling of stepping into the Alexander McQueen store was similar to being abducted by aliens (I could imagine).  The spaceship store was pristine, insanely bright and arranged like a museum.  Was I allowed to pick-up the handbags?  I was afraid to find out...

Star ship to Enterprise... We've been abducted by designer fashion.

It was only minutes into my abduction that I realized something very different about the scene in McQueen... 

There was...

NO!!!!

IT CAN'T BE...

A SALE

!!!!!!!!!!!

And not just 10, 20 or 25% off.  I had arrived at the perfect time.  Twice yearly, Alexander McQueen has a 50% OFF SALE!!! My Vegas vacation coincided perfectly with one of the best sales of the year!!!  Talk about odds being in my favor!

I rushed around the sale section eagerly.  Every handbag needed to be picked up and modeled in front of the mirror before making my final decision.  I wanted them all but knew that Spirit Airlines would charge obscene amounts for all of my luxurious carryon shopping bags.

After deciding on two fierce yet fabulous pieces, a studded leather bucket bag and a printed silk clutch, I was told by the sales-alien that I did not need to pay tax! Are you kidding me? Am I being punked right now? This is the best vacation EVER!!!

The store offered to ship both bags to my home instead of having to check them or pay $50.00 to carry them onto the plane. Thanks McQueen! 
My bags arrived in Chicago three days later.  I just so happened to be home sick that day (cough,  cough) and was able to accept the FedEx delivery.  I love getting mail!!!  What is it? What is it? It's like Christmas morning every time.

My first bag is the fur printed silk DeManta clutch.  The striking design caught my eye and I was fortunate enough to get one because it was the last in the store. They were a hot item and sold out quickly.

My second bag is a large gold studded black leather bucket bag.  The bag features a gold skull that doubles as a lock.  The entire bag also doubles as a weapon so don't mess with me.

The two bags will join my B'Wallet (see my next blog for more on the B'Wallet) as part of the "Crap I've won playing Craps" Collection. Who wants to go with me to Vegas? But first, I'm going to need a bigger closet.




No comments:

Post a Comment