Saturday, August 23, 2014

Clearance Couture


What the hell happened, Marc Jacobs?  Yesterday you were designing for Vuitton, today your collection bags are on the clearance rack!  Tough times, huh?  

Back in April I purchased one of his "collection" handbags.  At extraordinarily low prices, who wouldn't buy a "collection" handbag?  Hell, let's get 2 or 3!  Btw, marc by marc jacobs is not collection.  It's his lesser brand.  You've learned something today.  You are welcome. 

    

Upon arrival... sigh.  Come on Marc Jacobs!!!  What the French???  This is all you've got?!!??



In case my readers have realized yet, I'M HARD TO PLEASE.  This bag - which retailed at $1,400.00 - was just "ehh".  Nothing remarkable or shall I say re-marc-able about it.  Just "ehh".  I couldn't return it.  Who returns stolen merch?  Calm down reader... don't call the Feds on me.  I didn't steal it.  Purchasing a "collection bag" at 70% off is stealing.  I can picture poor Marc Jacobs having to eat ramen noodles in his snuggie because he can't afford to dine in the West Village.  All because he sold his collection handbags at 70% off.  Sad, really.  Throw some sriracha on that ramen Marc, it'll be okay.





It is now August and the bag is still unused.  I can hear it crying on the top shelf of my closet... "Oy!  Take me out of the box - I'm suffocating here!"  It has a Jewish accent.  But, I can't.  I can't do it.  The bag doesn't even have a proper zipper closure.  What, are we animals here?  Who doesn't zip their bag?  That's just nuts.

Free of dust, and zippers!

I sold it this week to a women that asked just about 5,000 questions before completely the purchase.  "Why are you selling it so cheap?"  "Where's the dustbag?"  "Do you have a receipt?"  "How do I know it isn't fake?"  

SHUT UP!!!  
Geez...  
People, you can do some research yourself!  Google is a beautiful thing.

I need more tape.  And you'll need a manicure. Mwahh. Ah. Ah.

I'm on my way to the post office.  Hopefully, the new owner of the tote will appreciate it more than I could.  And here's to hoping that Marc's cosmetic line will get him off the couch and back into the limelight.

I have the nail polish too, Marc.


No comments:

Post a Comment