Friday, May 16, 2014

CHER and DIONNE stop by my office and Vaunte is CLUELESS

Yesterday, I returned home from work after a long day of cough, cough, coughing (I am not feeling well this week) to find a box at my door.

Want to venture to guess what was in this cardboard box that NEED NOT BE SIGNED FOR?

 

Well, look at that! 

It's my $1,500 dirty yellow Balenciaga bag that Vaunte didn't want.  You remember - the one that they claimed was "too dirty" for resale.  Mother-truckers!  Not only did they NOT RESPOND to my emails, IGNORE my request for a phone call and CANCEL my sale... they sent my beloved handbag WITHOUT A SIGNATURE REQUIREMENT! 

It doesn't happen often - especially in my neighborhood - but what if someone had picked up the box?  It was sitting on the doorstep!  All alone.  Luxury handbags do not sit on the doorstep!!! 
No wire hangers, EVER! 



Okay namaste, namaste, namaste...  Be the better person, Karla.  Go into your Vaunte account, delete all "for sale" items and unsubscribe from any future Vaunte emails.  Breathe in.  Breathe out.  There are many more options for resale... Moving on.



Speaking of BETTER resale options... EDROP-OFF. Edrop-off is an online luxury consignment destination that uses the power of eBay auctions to sell, sell, sell to the masses.  They are located in Lincoln Park and will gladly come to your home (or in this case, my office) to pick-up any unwanted designer goods that you may have lying in the back of your closet.  FABULOUS!

After deleting all of my items from the company that shall no longer be named, I decided to bring in the big guns.  Knowing that Edrop-off takes a pretty hefty commission, I was hesitant to call upon their services.  However, the infamous Chanel handbags have been in my possession for about 4 weeks with no movement.  I really need to sell them so desperate times call for slightly desperate measures.  Why is this so desperate?  I'll tell you.  Because 40% of my profit is out the door (into edrop-off's pocket) once the sale is finalized.  OUCH.  Total ouch.

Maybe they will be able to get bigger money from the masses... let's find out. 



Two women from Edrop-off showed up to my office earlier this week.  I laughed upon their arrival because they reminded me so much of Cher and Dionne from the movie Clueless.  I explained to Dionne that I had two vintage Chanel handbags and a lot of Yves Saint Laurent earrings.  Dionne handed me paperwork to sign while Cher carefully placed the earrings into plastic bags, like she was collecting evidence from a crime scene.



After a few minutes they were gone and I felt optimistic about my choice.  Cher had gleefully chimed in that she felt the earrings would sell for well over $200 a piece and the Chanel bags would go for closer to $800.  Now that I think about it, even after paying out the commission that's not a bad day's work considering that Edrop-off will handle everything.  The company will pick-up up the items then... photograph, research, authenticate, sell, ship and deal with batshit crazy customers.  Awesome! 

I wonder if they will accept a dirty yellow Balenciaga...

No comments:

Post a Comment