Friday, May 2, 2014

To sell (or not to sell) CHANEL?

Brought to you by someecards.
someecards: when you care enough to hit send. http://www.someecards.com/
(No it isn't.  But I'm trying REALLY hard for a sponsor here!!!)
Last week I celebrated my 33rd birthday.  It was suggested that I take the day off and spend it with good friends.  For Angel's birthday last August we called in sick from work and ran a muck in the city.  Manicures and pedicures in the West Loop.  Rooftop drinks at Top Chef winner, Stephanie Izard's trendy restaurant Little Goat.  Dinner at the very chic, food meets science experiment, iNG (iNG stands for imagining new gastronomy.)  It was the best way to spend a Wednesday!  I want a mid week birthday extravaganza too, dammit!  But alas, that did not happen. I spent my 33rd birthday like every other day... at work.  Le sigh.


The next day, feeling underwhelmed and saddened by the lack of birthday festivities, I wondered: Is this what it is going to be like from now on?  No fun celebrations?  Just office work and "happy bday" Facebook messages?  Well that SUCKS!  I needed some ice cream.  As I was halfheartedly enjoying my sea salt caramel gelato, my Mother walked into the room with a Whole Foods shopping bag. "I have a present for you!!!" she said.  "What's that, a kosher/organic/gluten-free/non-dairy/free range whole chicken?"  I thought.  Just give me the bag. 

Oh my.  Are you kidding me?  This can't be real!  I put down my spoon and move my bowl of gelato far away from the bag.  Inside of the colorful reusable grocery tote lies the greatest gift a woman of 33 could ask for... VINTAGE CHANEL PURSES. VINTAGE. CHANEL. PURSES!!!!!!!
Ohmygod.Ohmygod.Ohmygod.
Ohmygod.Ohmygod.Ohmygod.Ohmygod.Ohmygod!!! 

I feel like I've just won the lottery.  I don't even have a speech prepared.  "What? Where? How on Earth?"  I exclaimed!  Mi Mama explains that the bag of designer goodies isn't a gift but on loan.  Her friend would like for me to wear sell them.  I drown out the sound of my Mother's voice as I listened to the call of Chanel.  It whispers to me... "Hello gorgeous!"  I smile and think "which one of you beauties am I going to wear to dinner tomorrow night?" Looks like my birthday came a day late this year!  



I'm on a high, a Chanel high.  I realize that I've been given the holy grail of fashion.  Do I have to sell them?  Can't I just keep them for myself and we will live fabulously ever after?  Fine. Fine.  I will sell them.  But for how much? 
I decide to call the owner of these splendid pieces of leather artistry to ask how much she wanted back (and more importantly, what's my cut?!?!)  We talk on the speaker phone as I'm driving into work... "Well, you know hun, they're kind of old so do what you can.  $200 a purse is good."  I avoid slamming my car into on coming traffic.  ARE YOU BLEEPING SERIOUS????  For $200 a bag, I will buy them!  All of them!  Cash out my stocks and own every single one of these vintage masterpieces.  This can't be happening!


Maybe cashing out my stocks isn't the best idea.  I can't live inside of my Chanel bag, after all.  I will sell them.  But not for $200.00, that's just robbery! 
Please click on the link below to visit one of my favorite shopping websites, VAUNTE,  if you or anyone you know is interested in owning a hautey piece of heaven. 

May the most fashionable woman win!  Ciao! Ciao! Ciao!

My VAUNTE closet

2 comments:

  1. it's never too late for bipolar festivities!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? OKAY! Bipolar Birthday Wednesday... coming soon!

    ReplyDelete