Wednesday, May 7, 2014

FENDI, You Can't Sit With Us!

It is hard for me to believe that one of my favorite - and funniest - movies ever, MEAN GIRLS, has been around for 10 years.  10 YEARS!  My friends and I still quote this cult classic on a near daily basis.  Oh, you're not familiar with the movie.  Boo, you whore!  Just stop reading.  Stop reading right now.  Go to your tv, log in to your Netflix account, grab some buttered popcorn ("is butter a carb?") and watch the awesome cult classic.  Now.  You can thank me later.  Grool?  Grool.  




On Wednesdays we wear pink




The world of designer handbags reminds me a bit of the cafeteria at North Shore High School.  The Plastics sit at the cool girl table.  And on Wednesdays... they wear pink.  It's not an option.  Do you remember what happened when Regina wore sweatpants on Monday? YOU CAN'T SIT WITH US!  (But these sweatpants are all that fits me right now.)  I believe the same goes for Wednesday.  No pink, sit elsewhere.  Fine.  You can walk home, bitches!


Get in loser.  We're going shopping.

I feel like the vintage Fendi handbag that I'm currently trying to resell definitely can't sit with The Plastics this Wednesday.  Or any other day, for that matter.  It's like everyday is Wednesday and she doesn't even go here, I mean own pink.  Did 1980s Fendi even make purses in the girlie-est of colors?  Fendi's closet seems to be full of brown.  Stripe on stripe brown.  Eww.  So not FETCH.



Lately, Fendi's wardrobe has evolved out of the dullest of earth tones into brighter, happier colors.  But the brand itself is still not as popular as it's classmates Chloe, Balenciaga and the QUEEN BEE... Chanel.  So, what's wrong with Fendi?  Does she smell like a baby prostitute?  Did she make out with a hotdog?  Has she recently joined the Mathletes?  I mean I even heard that Regina George, who is flawless, she has 2 Fendi purses and a silver Lexus.  So why isn't Fendi queen bee of The Plastics?  I don't get it.



Why should Caesar CHANEL just get to stomp around like a giant while the rest of us try not to get smushed under his big feet?  Brutus FENDI is just as cute as Caesar CHANEL, right?  Brutus FENDI is just as smart at Caesar CHANEL, people totally like Brutus FENDI just as much as they like Caesar CHANEL, and when did it become okay for one person handbag to be the boss of everybody because that's not what Rome fashion is about!  We should totally just STAB CAESAR CHANEL!

I like Chanel and the rest of the Plastics, but maybe it's time to breathe new life into older classics, like Fendi.  Chanel's response to my blog: I'm sorry that people are so jealous of me but I can't help it that I'm popular.






2 comments:

  1. Fendi fell through the cracks of brands when they started relying on their brand and not their designs. Ha the mean girls quiz I took said I'm Gretchen Wieners hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see that! Your dad totally invented Toaster Strudel.

    ReplyDelete